Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lazy Day

Public school was called on account of the sleet we had last night.  We only have one in public school, but I went ahead and called homeschool out as well just because I could.  Even if we aren't all hanging out together, I like having all of my children at home.  It won't be that way much longer.  I can't imagine what it's going to be like with my son not here, and while he's in boot camp I won't be able to visit or even call.  I've added them up.  In 24 days he leaves for boot camp.  After that we get him for about 7-10 days before he's off to military combat training for 40.  Then we get him for another 7-10.  And then he's gone.  He won't be at college where we can visit.  He'll be overseas somewhere and I know I will worry every day.  I'm sure there will be a lot of tears there too.

I didn't realize it would hurt this much when he left.

He's still that little boy sitting on the counter wearing his Daddy's Raider's cap holding a ladle while he patiently waited for the apple butter to be ready for canning.  How did the time pass by so fast?!  I want to go back there and hold him just a little bit more and kiss his sweet little forehead again.

No comments:



I have said these things unto you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.
~John 16:33